It's official, I'm putting myself on "Pie Hole maternity blog leave". I've put together a list of top 10 articles... And a few extras. These are a mix of most popular reads, and my personal favourites.
1. Lunch Boxes For Picky Pie Holes - Make school lunches your kids will love eating (works for big kids, and kids in adult bodies)
2. We Came, We Snacked, We Conquered: A Big Day Out - All you need to know about snacks and how to get healthy ones into your pie hole. More on snacks here.
3. Pregnancy: 10 Things to Think About When You're "Eating for Two..." - Self explanatory... When you're eating for two, you're not feeding a garbage disposal.
4. The Rules Are... There Ain't No Rules - Why "diets" don't work, here's what does!
5. Applications of MSG: From Unsavoury to Flavoury - The various, little thought of applications for MSG.
6. Quit Wheat Belly Aching (Pt II) - Everything you need to know about the current state of research regarding gluten, wheat, and real science. You can click back to pt I here.
7. Artificial Sweeteners: Not So Sweet After All - Some bacteria-laden research regarding how fake sugars aren't all things nice.
8. Coffee & Tea-ter Tottering Over Caffeine - Tea and coffee (and caffeine) a review of all three.
9. Coffee: For Better or For Worse? - For all the caffeine-addicts, a review of everything you want to know about caffeine.
10. Udder Confusion: Are Your Kids Having a Cow Over Milk? - Kids fighting you on drinking their milk? Your guide book is in this article. If you love dairy as much as me, check out this article too.
And a few extras... Because I loved writing them.
Highfalutin Gluten - What is gluten and should you go "gluten-free"?
Highfalutin Gluten (part II) - Thinking "gluten-free" through... Critically
What Ails and Cures - Why cured meat gives you colon cancer (or to quote my husband "ass-cancer"... Sorry)
Should You Steer Clear of Beer? - Everyone's talking about wine, here's cheers to beer (and there's a photo of my dog in this one!)
Juicing: Healthy Habit or Half-Witted Hypothesis? - For those on the juicing bandwagon
Juicing: Healthy Habit or Half-Witted Hypothesis? Pt II - More for those on the juicing bandwagon
Choc-It-Up to Chocolate - Who doesn't love chocolate? We can't be friends. Science says we should love chocolate.
Overeating: Unsustainable - For the millennials like me, why "plant-based" is great for us and the earth
Does this Protein Bar Make Me Look Fat - Protein-pounding gym-junkies... Here's the truth about protein
Does this Protein Bar Make Me Look Fat pt II - As above
There will be more soon. In the meantime, enjoy these!